Sunday 16 December 2012

Into the Belly of The Mother

I crawl in to take cover
Within the womb of The Mother

Deep within Her folds and creases
I scrabble along the floor cross broken pieces

Into The Mother I crawl below
Carrying my colours as I do go

The Shaman's journey I will undertake
Offerings I go to make

Deep into The Mother I do go
Down and down and down below

Into Her womb I descend
Into a great big cavern at the very far end

I open my pouche upon the ground
Light a torch with to look around

Others came before me to this place
Painted with Spirit - a hand, a horse, a face

I snuff my torch out now it's dark
Spirit will guide me to make my mark

I pick a place upon the wall
Position myself and start to call

Starting to sing,keen, move into trance
Feeling Her heartbeat , feeling Her dance

Visions in darkness appear in my head
I spit on my colours, mix with finger
Paint the sun ochre red

Then my spirit is taken away
And with my colours I start to play

I spit, I dab, use a twig and leaf
Paint the hunt and the hunted
Stars up above
The cavern deep beneath

At last The Breath doth leaveth me
I light another torch with which to see

Now there are stories left forever for you to find
To wonder about early man and what was in our minds.





2 comments:

  1. beautiful. truly incredible. the bard has emerged and you've only just begun...

    ReplyDelete