Sunday 11 November 2012

Remembrance Sunday

Off to the Cenotaph I go today
With my father's hat and medals
I go to pray
To remember all those fallen down
Those who fought for Country King & Crown
Harry Bailey Tilsley WW1
Reginald Tilsley WW2
Norman Tilsley WW2 & China
Philip Clifton German POW
Rev Arthur Beale At Dunkirk
Who got the wounded out,
As the Gerries went berserk

For all those fallen on the ground
In all wars fought
We gather round
Poppies on and in full song
If we forget we will go wrong

Another memory I do hold dear
Is my darling Bugsie dog
With the floppy ear
3 years ago today
As the gun salutes
He went on his way
To march with the troops
Up in the sky
And for my darling Bugsie
I do still cry

We also pray for the troops today
To come home safely
To us we pray

No comments:

Post a Comment